The current version of DEXiWin is 1.0 (released 2023-10-03).
Please see DEXiWin Versions for the change log and previous versions of the software.
DEXiWin implements a graphical user interface over the core DEXi modelling library DEXiLibrary. DEXiWin supports the following functionality:
- Developing DEXi models, i.e., creating and editing DEXi models and their components:
- Attributes: variables that represent decision subproblems and properties, observed at decision
- Tree of attributes: a hierarchical structure representing the decomposition of the decision problem.
- Scales: discrete and continuous scales that define admissible values that can be assigned to attributes.
- Aggregation functions: functions that define the aggregation of attributes from bottom to the top of the
tree of attributes.
- Evaluation and analysis of decision alternatives:
- Creation and editing of alternatives and their values assigned to individual attributes.
- Evaluation of alternatives: a bottom up aggregation of alternatives's values in accordance with model
structure and defined aggregation functions.
- Analysis of alternatives: what-if analysis, selective explanation, comparison of alternatives,
"plus-minus" analysis, target analysis.
- User interface and input/output features:
- Loading and saving DEXi models in the native XML format (
- Copying, pasting, importing and exporting DEXi models and their parts in various formats: Json,
tab-delimited and CSV (Comma-Separated Value).
- Reporting: creating, combining, displaying and exporting various reports.
- Charts: creating and displaying various customizable charts.
- Tree graphic view: graphic display of model structure.
DEXiWin is backward compatible with DEXi.
It implements all DEXi's features, except loading and saving DEXi models in obsolete data formats
.dax and pre-2000
.xml). DEXiWin can read and process
produced by DEXi. Furthermore, if no new features introduced in DEXi Suite have
been used, DEXiWin writes
.dxi files that are readable by DEXi, however, the new features might be
ignored in DEXi.
In comparison with DEXi, DEXiWin introduces several new features:
- DEXiWin supports all DEX method extensions introduced in DEXi
- "Plus-minus-1" analysis is generalized to "Plus-Minus-any_value" analysis
- Added new report types, facilitating a flexible composition of reports.
- Added new chart types. Some of the old ones have been redesigned and extended, too.
- Implemented many small, but important improvements in the user inteface, for instance displaying model
components in user-selectable columns, tree-structured display/editing of evaluation results, consistent use
of colors for displaying "good" and "bad" values, etc.
- Incorporated the functionality of DEXiTree under
- Most user-defined settings are now remembered in
In the future, backward compatibility of DEXiWin with DEXi will be maintained as much as possible, but
the ability of DEXi to process the new
.dxi files will likely deteriorate.